each was formed in 1999 through an amalgamation between Outer East Council for Developing Services in Mental Health Inc., Healesville Adult Day Care Services Inc. and Maroondah Social and Community Health Centre Inc. Services provided by each cover a comprehensive range of Primary Health Care, counseling services including Drug & Alcohol and Problem Gambling counselling, community based Mental Health Support Services, specialist Child and Family Services as well as a range of Disability Services including Disability Employment Services (DES).
EACH Employment (EES) commenced operation in 1987 and was known as Groundwork. Groundwork was an initiative of an each PDRSS program, Halcyon. Halcyon wanted to assist consumers of the day program to move into open employment.eachis funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS). The Disability Services Act (1986) provides the legislative framework for the delivery of Disability Employment Services. The program provides assistance to jobseekers with a disability who experience difficulties in obtaining and/or maintaining employment. DSS offers two programs:
- Disability Management Service (DMS)
- Employment Support Service (ESS)
- DMS GeneralistServices for job seekers with disability, injury or health condition who require the assistance of a disability employment service but are not expected to need long-term support in the workplace.
- DMS Specialist- Mental Health for job seekers with mental health condition who require the assistance of a disability employment service but are not expected to need long-term support in the workplace.
- ESS GeneralistServices for job seekers with permanent disability and with an assessed need for more long-term, regular support in the workplace
- ESS Specialist – Mental Health for jobseekers with a permanent mental health condition and with an assessed need for more long-term, regular support in the workplace.